The farmhouse was demolished in 2001.
Excerpt froom the "History of Ira" by S. L. Peck
"The two Day brothers, Arden E. and Leonard W., came to town about the year 1872 and bought of J.P. Giddings the old Tower farm, now owned by D. D. Day. Their wives were sisters, daughters of Amos Wetmore of North Ira, so called, and the four made a strong team of workers in any social or religious movement in the community."
1910 on the left - 2015 on the right
Learn About Early Kilns
In the typical case limestone (CA CO3 or Calcium Carbonate) is converted to Lime (Calcium Oxide by driving off the Carbon Dioxide with heat.